Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Hello There for Stamping and Blogging

Hi Everyone!

I’m so excited that my Hawaii trip is just in a week or so. Counting the days!! Thanks to all of you for helping me get there. You’re the bestest!!!

So my card today is for Stamping and Blogging and a very, very simple sketch. I thought to myself…”self, how can you make this special”?

Then it came to me. I loved the Watercolor Card I did for my Grandson….so simple but impressive with that heavy watercolor paper. Yummy!! So I’m doing it again! It’s my newest Favorite thing to do! lol

hello there

I think it pretty much resembles the sketch don’t you?

 

SB102

So for this card I made the card base a bit smaller it’s 5 1/2 x 8 and scored at 4”. The mat is cut to 3 x 4 1/2.

All I did was take one of those cheap sponge paint brushes and some reinker mixed in a bit of water and painted or swiped my brush where I wanted color. In this case it is Pear Pizzazz on the top and Pool Party on the bottom. Then I let it dry. If you get impatient you can use your heat too…….okay I fess up I used the heat tool to speed up the drying time.

Then I just stamped the Hello There Stamp in Stazon. The flags were done using the Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack and finished it off with a little twine. I’m getting really addicted to matching envelope for Everything. For those of you that know me know I am a matchy-matchy girl!!!  I love the way this turned out. I hope you do too.

Supplies needed to recreate this card:

I hope you will visit the other members of the Design Team.

Stamping and Blogging Design Team

Sandi MacIver– USA –

Patrice Halliday-Larsen NZ

Amy Koenders - USA

Michelle Last – UK

Shelagh Freemantle – Canada

Lee Conrey – USA (that’s me)

Caroline van der Straatan – Netherlands

Claire Daly – Australia

Kerstin Kreis - Germany

Thanks for stopping in! See you next time!

post signature

6 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

I love this Lee! Great colors, fantastic clean and simple design. :)

Unknown said...

Love your card Lee! X Erna

Sandi MacIver said...

It looks lovely Lee, what a great idea for this sketch. Clean and Simple with a total Pop of color...perfect!...

Shelagh Freemantle said...

Simple but very classy!! Love the water-colour paper. And your colours are beautiful....Have fun in Hawaii!!! Hugs from Shealgh.

Shelagh Freemantle said...

I am tired...can't even spell my name correct...it is in the wind I guess. How about Shelagh.!!!

Michelle Last said...

What a pretty card, thanks for sharing Lee x